Friday, March 15, 2013

Only Because He's Twenty...


This is a photo of Enrique, back in grade school, attempting to look cool with his electric guitar.


And this is a photo of me in sixth grade, doing exactly same thing... but worse. Please do not be fooled by my face (which looks exactly the same) I promise you, the photo was really taken six years ago!

I guess we were both kinda weird when we were younger. He had a band, I had a band. Back then, it seemed pretty cool. Hahaha! And I thought I was super cool after learning how to play F#m on guitar and he thought the same when he got picked to be the lead singer during an audition HAHAHA Hm what else? You were awkward with girls and I was awkward with all the sweet yucky love stuff. My stomach would literally make sounds...

In my freshman year in high school, I was busy being a singer girl, among other things and he was right in the next school, busy being a dancer boy... among many other things as well.


May 2009

And then, one day we met.

*insert dramatic music here*
And it changed my life.
HAHAHAHAHAHA KIDDING

Anyway.

I was 14. (My gosh.) And coincidentally, his older brother was good friends with my older sister and his family had a dance concert for which they needed an intermission number. That's where my sister and I came in. We sang and I needed his guitar.

So, there.
That's it.
We met.

Nothing special.
Just the usual handshake.
And a song, and a dance and a lot of other things in between.


September 2009

And then, one day we talked.

And there.
That's it.
We just talked.

But then, we couldn't stop talking.

And we talked about how we were both Filipinos in Chinese schools,
how we both have older siblings who could pass as our twins,
how our little brothers were the same age, in the same batch of the same school,
how we were both part of the music teams of our respective churches,
how we were both tight with our parents who are all naturally gifted ballroom dancers...

And right there and then, I decided:
He would make a really, really, really, super, duper great friend.

Hohoho.

July 2010

Months passed.

Then, a year passed.

And then, another year passed.

And he stayed my friend.

February 2011

March 2012


And then, I got really sick.
Out of nowhere.
And then it started getting really hard.

He was always on the go and I was always on painkillers.
He'd be out doing stuff and I'd call him up and just cry.
We'd be laughing at first and then, my forehead would wrinkle...
And he knew that it was time to just stop laughing.

Things got really hard.
And so, I told him to, well, just go away.
It would've been a lot easier for us in the long run.

Buuuuuuut, he didn't go away.

He stayed... and then, months passed and another year passed.
And a few Birthdays and Valentine's Days and an Anniversary passed.
And all the days and months and years that have passed, lead me to where I am right now...

Which is...

 Here.

In my room, on the floor, lying on my stomach, typing into a computer, trying to figure out how to make someone that means so much to you know just how much that is - without being too sweet or too cheesy or too much a victim of yucky love.



Obviously, I've failed completely.
Because this blog is way too sweet and way cheesier than I had originally planned.
(So, I better end it now.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's Enrique's 20th birthday today.

And I cannot believe that it is.

But, I guess the point of this whole thing is to finally swallow my girl pride and admit...
that...

I'm so freakin happy that we're together I just wanna cry and I have no idea what I did to deserve it and I thank God one billion times a day for giving me someone who is so, super kaduper patient with me and who inspires me so much and makes me so happy and whom I can talk to for hours about everything, the same way I used to four years ago and although there are quirks I can't change like how he barely cries or how he uses big words in normal conversations or how doesn't like coffee or how he really acts off when he doesn't get enough sleep or how doesn't allow me to doze off when he drives... I'm happy and grateful and super duper blessed.

Happy 20th birthday, Enrique!
Thank you for everything.
Love you!




2 comments: