Monday, March 3, 2014

Wake Up, It's Time to Live More.

 
Advice Cube from Typo on my new DIY shelf, yay!


Every time a new month begins, I find myself filled up to the brim with excitement. It's March, my friends. Two months of what still seems to be a new year has already passed. It's unbelievable.

I look back at those two months with a whole lot of gratitude for the things that had taken place. Throughout January, I was busy planning, writing, reflecting and praying. However, if the first month of the year was all about pulling myself together, the second one seemed to be centered on letting myself go.

And I really did - surprising a lot of people, including myself, while doing so.

February was filled with parties, adventures, trips, sleepovers, weddings, breakfast dates and lunch dates and a whole lot of other new things. The ride has been quite interesting. Strangely, I haven't felt that connected with myself in a long time. So, I'm really happy about it.

However, I was cursed with an obsessive need for personal productivity. Despite being genuinely glad about those two months of both fun and self - discovery, I cannot help but feel that I have reset my focus and start making all the things on all my lists become a reality.

The photo above represents exactly what I plan to do this month. Try harder. That's the game plan. Now, what am I working towards, anyway? Why do I have to try harder and what exactly do I plan to do?

Well, there's a lot that this month has in store. Apart from finals, there are several important events (which I will write about when they happen) that are in dire need of focused preparation. Not to mention, there are several big life dreams of mine that are totally haunting me and that I can't get out of my head - so, I gotta work on those too, I guess.

But, the big - picture goal is and always has been to live the best way I can and make the best of everything that God has blessed me with - including life itself. As cliche as it sounds, I genuinely want to live a better, fuller, happier, healthier, more productive, more meaningful, and more beautiful life.

The goal is to be able to deliver academically, work-wise, org-wise, and not lose myself in the process doing so. Oh, and to do all that and still, you know, have time to smell the roses and stuff. Haha!

I've been doing a lot, actually. Writing, doodling, rearranging things, getting rid of clutter and stuff like that. The pages of my journal have been witnesses to just how much is going on inside my head, how excited and scared I am for life and how determined I am to make this month one of the best and most productive ones everrr!

Doodled on my light switches earlier.
#ProductiveProcrastination

Say hello to my lovely orchid.

"I want to look out my window and see indefensible
 amounts of beauty - for no reason whatsoever."
- Liz Gilbert, Interviewed at The Paul Holdengraber Show

Liz Gilbert, my forever idol - author of Eat Pray Love, said this at an interview and I totally empathized with her. I understood perfectly. See, when I look around my room, I want to see beautiful, happy things in every single corner; be it in the form of doodled light switches, Polaroid photo walls, typographic quotes, or my collection of miniature buildings. I want to paint my walls and not have to explain why. I want to just build a beautiful, creative environment, where I can both pull myself together and let myself go and just get so inspired to try harder and work harder and live that better, fuller, happier, healthier, more productive, more meaningful, and more beautiful life I was talking about earlier.

Hihi. Exciting!

Oh, and I want to plant flowers!!!
Anyway.

Here's to a beautiful month!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment