Monday, January 12, 2015

This Week's Happy Thing : Kinfolk Magazine


I like clean - looking things.

Black and white.
Pastel colors.
Neutral colors.
Wood.
Cream.

(Details Ink is an exception. That is my style.)
(That's how I draw on a normal day and nope, I don't get it either.)
(Haha.)

Anyway, last year at some beautiful shop at Singapore, I came across a magazine called Kinfolk and basically fell in love with it right there and then. It was and is the cleanest magazine I have ever seen. Haha!

Really. Clean is the word my mind has permanently associated it with.

Unintentionally, I promise.

As I flipped through the pages, I was happy to have fallen in love even more - not only with the pictures and overall aesthetics of the magazine but, with its substantial content.

I was never really a fan of magazines. Ever.
And that's because I always felt like it lacked something.

(Substance. I realized that most magazines have no substance.)

So.

If you want to read about something real...

Like real people.
with real passions,
real struggles.
and real stories.

If you want to learn about beauty...

And, I mean, true beauty.
Like the beauty of sleeping in.
Or having a day gone totally wrong.
Or taking a day off to escape life.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is that...

if you aren't into Top Tens, What's Hots and What's Nots,
if it isn't your goal in life to look like a celebrity,

 if you're a cheesy i - love - life type of person.
if you like simple and clean looking things,
if you like hiding from people and staying in,

and if you're anything like me,





I think you'll like this magazine.

:)

(Thank you to my Kris Kringle Mommy, Rejean Tee, for your beautiful Christmas gift!)

No comments:

Post a Comment