Tuesday, June 10, 2014

What to Pack for a Month - Long Getaway


While packing for the States trip I've been looking forward to for so long, I realized that there were really only a few things that I can't ever be without. Most if not all of these things have to do with art, self-expression and growth.

Hold on.

I think I just made myself sound like the most boring human being on the planet. But hey, I'm proud of it. I love being alone with my artsy books and pens and journals. I love being alone in general actually. SO as excited as I am to spend time with my family when I get to LA, I've packed a whole lot of things that will be of use to me when I go on my dates with myself. Hihi.

Finally, here are some of the things I need  in order to survive a month away from home:


Notebooks! For me it is absolutely necessary to have my journal, my planner and a pad to write down random lists and ideas that spontaneously come to mind.

Sketchbooks. I'm actually in the middle of my Doodle Everyday project but, in this case, it doesn't have to be a Details Ink styled work of art. When you're away from home, use it as an excuse to start sketching again. Aah I am excited!


Pens. I've restocked on pens for this trip because I know that traveling does something to your creativity. I know I'll need a lot! Plus, I've got lots of kiddies I need to share them with. Haha.

Note: A tip to those of you scatterbrained folk: always, always, ALWAYS carry a pen and paper. Capture your ideas right when they hit you!

Cameras. I'm always torn between living in the moment and capturing it. However, I need to know that I have what I need to be able to do both. So yes. You never know when you'll see something as beautiful again. But please know when the moment calls for you to be there fully. :)


Chargers. Trust me, it is such a hassle to have an ITouch, phone or camera with no battery. You'll hate yourself for it. So yeah, my cheap self prepared for this problem by purchasing a P60 cable wire and P40 memory card reader from CDR - King! Hehez.

Books. I need something that will instantly inspire me. So I've got a whole lot of novels on my list (including Eleanor & Park, which I cannot wait to read) BUT, the books I love bringing with me during any type of trip are those giant ones about art, architecture, design, writing, typography, homemaking, love, God, and everything under the category of life. For someone who doesn't really read, I sure bring a lot of books. Haha. (Hope you got that!)

So all these things are in my luggage now. I think I can actually do without clothes and shoes. Haha kidding. I can't wait to head off to the airport and start the trip. My gut tells me that I'll be blogging a lot so, watch out for it and please don't hate me for posting. I can already see how happy I'll be.

Goodbye for a month, my friends. California, here I come!!!! :)

(Thank You God. You are the bestest!!!!)






No comments:

Post a Comment