Thursday, August 15, 2013

Ilocos Hangover


Am I the only one that finds photos like this beautiful? 

Nothing extraordinary, I know.
But, I can't explain what it is about it that lights my heart up and stuff.

Maybe, it's how blue the sky is.
Or how smooth and vast the ocean seems.
Maybe, it's the sand or the railing on the left.
Or that little patch of green that balances it all out.

OR
Perhaps it's how that entire scene looks in comparison to what surrounds us everyday.

In contrast our daily destinations, it's so beautiful and special.
So much that it hurts.

Well...

At least, it does when you remember that it had already passed and that you're back to the routine that is your life.

HAHAHA
Okay, this is too dramatic.
I'm exaggerating a bit.




Well, that was Ilocos for me, I guess.

A weekend of amazing architecture, awesome people, and just super good vibes.
From Friday night to Monday morning, we practically lived in our bus - where we all got more sleep than we did the entire week, which was pretty obvious in everyone's candid sleeping shots. Hahaha!

We visited a billion old churches over the duration of the trip and in every single one, I thanked God for orchestrating each and every step that led me there.

(I'm trying not to be cheesy right now...)

But, yeah. I was pretty happy.
Still am.


Taken by Giselle Sta Anna



Tourist shot at the Paoay Church

One of my favorite photos by the Ilocos Windmills

Pa-cool at Pagudpod

At our bus - home for the weekend, haha.

Just new friends and good vibes!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So much has been happening that I rarely find the time to blog but, this trip was worth blogging about, I guess. To be honest, I was actually quite surprised at how it turned out. As opposed to what I heard from upperclassmen, everyone behaved like sweet little angels on the last night, despite all the uhm.... water. Hahaha! Good friends, good conversations, good vibes. It couldn't have been better.

Now, that that's over... it's time for me to get my head out of the past and into the now!!
Because right now, I have to pack.
And prepare well for tomorrow's long awaited adventure. <3

Oh, life is good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment