Thursday, February 28, 2013

Kanlungan: A 2013 Priority


Last Saturday, I finally attended the Kanlungan bible study. (This was my something new for Week # 8 of The Adventure Project!) It's just a simple Sunday School set up where we teach less fortunate kids songs, play games, share Bible stories and really just spend time with them. You know, make them happy and stuff.

Instantly, I knew that it was something I wanted to make time for and invest myself in. The kids were adorable – as they always are – which made it impossible for that visit to be the last. No way.

So many ideas entered my head while watching them: fundraisers, workshops, sports fests, talent fests… there are a billion and one ways to help them. When I think of the Sunshine Club and how successful my tita was at making a difference in their lives, my heart tightens with excitement because I know that it’s doable and the same can be done at Kanlungan.

It’s my dream to start something like that.

For my 19th birthday, I’ll do it again for sure like last year but, I wish I didn't have to wait for every birthday to make an event like that for kids. With all that being said, naturally, the next step would be... to commit to this ministry.

And so, I shall!



My brother, Timo, playing with one of the kids.


Some college friends came along!



Hopefully, this year will be good for them. As childish as it may sound, I still wanna change the world. But hey, big things start small, right? Hopefully, I'll be able to make a difference - one Saturday at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment