Monday, July 22, 2013

Because It's Been Too Long

Polaroids from this new life, haha!

Wow. I can't believe how long it's been since my last entry. More than a month! The reason being that I haven't had any time to write since I entered UP - where I am simultaneously suffering and having the time of life!

Too much has happened in the past month. Let me just speed through it all....

  • I met so many new people whom I learned to love in such a short period of time!
  • I attended several seminars - for one, we had to wear corporate attire, which was pretty cool.
  • The number of members of our youth group nearly doubled!
  • I'm a much better and a much more legit driver now!!
  • I've subtly injected a few girly items into my wardrobe. HAHA And I wear girly tops without getting forced now. What a miracle!
  • I now understand that there's a lot more to UP JMA that just the parties. I'm happy I decided to apply for it cause I've been meeting great people and learning so much.
  • ASAPHIL - UP is another highlight. I'm loving their app process so far!
ASAPHIL - UP Apps Team Building

  • Already, I had two weeks with just 2-3 hours of sleep each night. Legit. There were even one or two nights where I worked straight from the afternoon till school time the next day, with a couple of 15 minute naps every few hours. The work load is crazy!
  • Consequently, I fell asleep in 3 parties..... because, you know, it's not really my thing? Sleeping, on the other hand, is.
At URBN :(
(At least my friends didn't leave me! HAHAHA)

  • It dawned on me that my stress level is directly proportional to my weight loss. In the last four weeks, I lost weight, gained it back then, lost and gained again. It's scary. 
  • Also, I lost count of how many times I've gone through the stress cycle wherein you have no idea how you're gonna pull something off at first and then you feel like you're on top of the world once you actually do.
Basically...... I love UP. Haha! Every week is so filled with ups and downs, moments of ultimate chill vibes and moments of over the top STRESS! Remind me never to pray for a challenge again because God totally answered my prayer this time. With every week, comes a new challenge. It's overwhelming and scary and tiring and horrible and... great.

#WhatIsWrongWithMe

Maybe, I missed this feeling? Maybe, I'm only so happy about everything because it's just the start? I'm a hundred percent sure I'm gonna be crying about all these challenges some time in the hopefully - not - so - near future. Just saying. Forgive my half asleep thoughts.

Anyway, I just want to share one of the lessons I learned from all this.

Things pass. That's the lesson. No matter how stressed you are RIGHT NOW, it's going to pass. Your horrible schedule will only last for one semester and so will the reign of your terror prof. Haha! The tension you feel over an exam will vanish after you've taken it and it will be replaced by the best calmness in the world - which will also vanish when the next challenge arrives.

In my case, I lost a lot of weight... freaked out about it.... and then, gained it all back. I worried so much about the first plate we had 1 week to work on... and now we're already doing our 3rd one. There are a lot of things on my mind now: things due this week, my Math 17 exam on Friday, all the tasks for the orgs I'm applying for, what I'm doing next weekend, what my game plan for our current Arch 21 plan is and basically, how I'll freakin survive this sem.... All that's going on in my head and I'm trying to remind myself that IT. WILL. PASS. And I'll pull through. :(

This is one of my favorite quotes and my forever - note to self:
It always seems impossible until it is done.

Here's to the challenging week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment