Thursday, July 16, 2015

Where All the Bad July Feels Are Hidden


It seems that almost every month, I have to renew my decision to be a much bigger person than I actually am. I have to sit down with myself - and God - and internalize the fact that I can't go on a certain way. There's always something that I'm doing that I shouldn't be doing; something I'm feeling that I shouldn't be feeling. There's always something I have to let go of but, can't. There's always hurt when there shouldn't be. And I don't know why.

I could be doing a lot of things and over the years I've listed over a hundred ways to change the world. So, why am I not pouring my heart out on those things instead? I really don't know.

There was a moment yesterday morning when everything sort of cleared up before me and all I could see was a question. What the hell am I doing? Pining after something that's already gone. Mourning the loss of my anchor when it should have never been my anchor in the first place. Struggling to wrap my head around a change that took place right before my eyes and trying to figure out why I moved forward when I knew perfectly well what was ahead of me.

What am I doing?

This? I knew this would happen.

Anyway, that moment of clarity also came with a tremendous calm. Quiet. Inhale, exhale. And then, nothing.

I felt nothing.

And nothing was the best thing I felt in a while.

Inhale, exhale. It's gone. It's gone. It's gone... And it's time.

So here I am again. It's July now.

I'm sitting down. By myself. There is a random creepy looking fellow across me but, whatever. I'm sitting down by myself.

I have to be bigger than this. I cannot go on like this. I shouldn't be doing this. I shouldn't be feeling this. I have to let go of this. This isn't worth it.

Inhale, exhale.

There are bigger things. Other bigger things. Which I have not paid any attention to in a long while. And I guess it's finally time to put time and effort where it's due.

Mind over Matter mode, on.
Head over Heart mode, on.
Stone mode, on.

There. Done.
Inhale, exhale. 








No comments:

Post a Comment